Monday, November 21, 2022

TUESDAY TALES - WORD PROMPT "TURKEY"

 




Welcome! This week the word prompt is "turkey" - which is not surprising! More conversation between Dale and Robbie in "The Kicker's Story, Part 1". Don't forget to read the wonderful Tuesday Tales stories by terrific authors. Find them HERE. Thanks for stopping by. 

**********************************************

 He shook his head. “Oh, I couldn’t. No. Really.”

“Why? You got somewhere else to go for Thanksgiving?”

“No, but…”

“You don’t like turkey?”

“I love turkey.”

“Then you’re coming. My family’s always bugging me to bring a football player home for the holiday.”

“I’d be the first?”

“Yeah. Perfect. Come on. Don’t say ‘no’.”

His face brightened as if the sun suddenly rose and  beamed right on him.

“Well, okay. If you really want me to.”

“I do. Good! I’m excited!” She grinned and grabbed his arm.

“You? I’m like crazy!” He took her in his arms and placed a sweet kiss on her lips, then stepped back. “I’m sorry, was that wrong?”

“No. Oh, no.”

“So where does your family live, anyway.”

“Las Vegas.” She wore a smug smile.

“Las Vegas!!”

“Yep. I bet if we called right now we could get you a ticket for the same flight.”

“No, way.”

“My brother works for the airline. I’ll call him.”

Robbie put his hand on her arm. “No, don’t.”

“Why not?”

“Because it’s two o’clock.”

“Oh, yeah. I’ll call him in the morning.”

“Ok. I can’t believe it. You really want me to come?” he asked.

“I do. I really do. They’re gonna freak out.”

“Them? I’m already freaking out!” He laughed.

She cupped his cheek. “You sure are different.”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean, at the stadium, you’re like…well, obnoxious.”

He chuckled. “Yeah. I do that to keep the guys from bugging me.”

“But they tease you even more.”

“Jealous. They’re jealous ‘cause they think I’m getting’ a ton more than they are.”

“Aren’t you?”

His eyes shone with a sexy gleam. “A gentleman never tells. If I go to Vegas with you the team is gonna think we’re lovers.”

“I’ll tell them we’re just friends. Okay?”

“Whatever works.” Robbie yawned. “I think I’m ready to sleep.”

“Me, too.” She leaned forward to kiss him on the cheek. “Goodnight, Robbie.”

“Goodnight, Dale. Sweet dreams.” He pushed to his feet, turned out the light and left, closing the door softly behind him. She waited a couple of minutes before picking up her phone.

“Scott?” she whispered.  


5 comments:

  1. Love his excitement. Seems genuine, but who is Scott? Great cliffhanger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, that's a sweet scene between the two of them. I love the way show his face as if the sun is shining on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww. I love how they are drawing closer. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The excitement that they both have is cute. And that kiss? Wow! Great job!

    ReplyDelete