Monday, November 28, 2022

TUESDAY TALES - WORD PROMPT "STINGY"

 



Welcome! This week we have another episode of "The Kicker, Part 1". The word prompt this week  is "stingy."

Dale is securing a seat on the same place for Robbie. Her brother, Scott, is a pilot and got her the ticket. But it seems he's assuming a few things about Robbie and Dale that aren't true!! Read on and find out.

When you're finished, hop over to the other author's blogs to read their wonderful stories. You'll find them HERE. Thanks for stopping by. 

******************************** 

“Dale? What time is it? Why are you calling? Are you in trouble?” her brother asked.

“No, no. I need you to do me a big favor.”

He chuckled. “This sounds familiar.”

“No, really. I need you to get me another seat on the same flight as me, okay?”

“What? Do you know how hard that was? You’re kidding, right?”

“No, I’m not. I know and I’ll be grateful forever. But this is important.”

“Who’s it for? Some guy?”

Dale felt heat grow in her face. “Yeah.”

“Really? That’s a different story.”

“You’ll do it then?”

“This isn’t some sick puppy who has no place to go for Thanksgiving, is it? Not another one of your human rescue attempts?”

“No, no. It’s true he has no family and no place to go, but he’s the kicker on the Connecticut Kings.”

“Oh? Really? I see you’re making better choices. Okay. I’ll see what I can do. But I expect a favor in return.”

“Anything.”

“Two tickets to the Kings game when Julie and I come East in December. And good seats. No, great seats!”

“Done.”

“Is this guy stingy, looking for a freebie, or can he pay? Or do you plan to do that, too?”

“He’s a pro football player. Of course he can pay.”

“Good. It’s about time you brought home someone we could approve of. He’s earning a good living?”

“Yes.”

“Excellent. Mom and Dad will be pleased. Nice to see you’re finally seeking out marriage material,” he said, then yawned. “Sorry. It’s late here.”

“Thanks, Scott. Goodnight.”

“Goodnight, Sis.”

She chuckled to herself. Scott thinks Robbie is marriage material? What a joke! Maybe bringing him home where her whole family would be waiting for him to pop the question was not a good idea. How could she tell Scott over the phone that Robbie’s deathly allergic to marriage?

6 comments:

  1. Great scene. Should be quite the Thanksgiving dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love their banter back and forth on the phone. And I can’t wait to see what happens when they get there. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, especially the way her brother fills in all the blanks himself. Her thoughts in the last line--Robbie's deathly allergic to marriage-- sets the tone for quite a time coming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha! Love their banter and especially the last line. Brothers!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a last line! Get that man some Benadryl stat! =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH! You're setting the stage for some sparks to fly - in many ways. I can't wait to see what happens.

    ReplyDelete