Tuesday, November 17, 2020

TUESDAY TALES - WORD PROMPT "PUSH" - THE CHRISTMAS PARTY

 

Welcome! This week we have a new story! I'll be posting a bit of this story, tentatively titled, "The Christmas Party" every week until January 1. At that time, I'll finish the tale and put it up so you can read the finale. Thanks for stopping by.
Scroll down to return to Tuesday Tales and the fine stories there. Thank you for stopping by. 


***********************************

“Get started calling. Confirm the venue, the Uber service, and the decorations. I’ll check on the food and liquor.”

“Okay.” She perused the list. “This is a lot of work for one lousy party.”

“It’s going to be a great party. The most monumental party in the world.”

“Just a Christmas party.”

“Not just a Christmas party. A liberation. You’ll see.”

“Are we getting engaged at Christmas?” She sidled up closer to him.

Aaron avoided her question. “Go on, get started.”

“Don’t push. I’m going.” As she closed the door, his phone rang --his father.

“You’re inviting me to a Christmas party?”

“The Christmas party. I want you to be a witness.”

“Witness to what?”

“Them meeting at the Christmas party. Then it’ll be over.” Aaron cradled his cell phone while he pulled a beer from the fridge.

“Over for who? Her? Or you?”

“Her, her, of course.” He headed for the kitchen.

“Come on, Aaron. We all know you’ve had the hots for this chick for like fifteen years.”

“You’re crazy. We’re just friends. She’s always wanted to be with Damian. And now she’ll get her chance. He’s finished with his last, can I say relationship? No, probably not. With his last whatever. And when I told him Patrice was coming, and showed him a picture of her now, he grinned. I couldn’t believe he actually remembered her from high school.”

“So she wants to be with him and he wants to be with her?”

“Not exactly. But she’ll finally get her chance.” He cradled his phone while he pulled a beer from the fridge.

“For a smart man, sometimes you can be so stupid.”

“What?”

“When are you going to make your play?”

“I have Crystal.” He popped the top.

“I hope you’re not going to propose to her.”

“I was planning to.”

“On Christmas? Why don’t you just put coal in my stocking?”

“Come on. She’s not that bad.”

“Yes, she is, and she hates me.”

“She doesn’t hate you.”

“Are we talking about the same girl? Crystal with the big boobs?”

“You’re grossing me out, Dad. Patrice spent five years talking about Damian Wood, like he’s some kind of god. I got the message.”

“And now?”

“Okay, maybe not so much now.”

“At all now?”

“Well, no. She said she’s just marking time with the other guys she’s dated.”

“How do you know?”

“Said she’s waiting for the right one. That means Damian.”

"You sure?"

"Positive." He took a swig of beer.


4 comments:

  1. Interesting take on the situation. Really looking forward to seeing them meet. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nooo! I don't even know this guy and I know he should be with Patrice. I hope he makes his way to her. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this conversation. Very true to life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh-huh....I have a feeling that things aren't going to go as planned. I can't wait to peek in on the party!

    ReplyDelete