Monday, November 9, 2020

TUESDAY TALES - PICTURE PROMPT WEEK - "THE KISS" CONTINUES

 




Welcome to Tuesday Tales, picture prompt week. We continue with "The Kiss" this week and can only post 300 words. Scroll down to return to the fine stories on Tuesday Tales. Thanks for stopping by. 


*****************************************


    Allison opened the door to the cafe with clammy hands. Don already commandeered a booth. He waved. Her nerves kicked up into high gear. She slid in across from him. 

    "Where's Alex?"

    "Home, upstairs, watching his favorite movie."

    "He's okay alone?"

    Don nodded. "Hungry?"

    "Not really" 

   “I ordered some appetizers and your favorite red wine. Merlot, right?”

“You remembered.”

“I remember everything about our time together.”

The food and drink arrived. She took a sip, avoiding his stare.

“Okay. Truth time. Why did you leave like that and where did you go?”

She looked up. His look was questioning. Yes, it was time to tell him the truth.

“Okay. I hope you’re ready.”

“I am. I’ve got my seatbelt on. It was the kiss, wasn't it?”

She nodded. "After you kissed me like that, I got confused. I felt things I'd never felt before. Not with Spencer, anyway."

"What things?"

She sensed heat in her cheeks. "Desire. Crazy, wild desire."

Don wiggled his eyebrows.

"And love. Deep, soul-scorching, gut-penetrating love."

He took her hand. 

"And it shook me. Scared me. So I ran. When I got home, I realized I loved you more than I loved Spencer."

"If you'd stayed..."

She put her hand over his mouth. "Let me finish. I went to bed early, but my mind wouldn't shut off. In the morning, I had clarity. I knew what I had to do. For Robbie. Spencer had been toying with the idea of taking a job at a university in Cleveland. I encouraged him to do it. And then I bought plane tickets to Nebraska for Robbie and me."

"Nebraska?"

"Yes. My parents have a ranch there. I needed to get away from both of you. I needed to think, to breathe fresh air and sort out my life." 




2 comments:

  1. Sometimes you need to go home and rethink life. Glad she told him the truth. Hope it works out for her. Great scene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job showing the honesty coming forward about their feelings for one another. I can't wait to see how they handle it from here on out!

    ReplyDelete