Monday, July 3, 2023

TUESDAY TALES - WORD PROMPT "BLACK"


Welcome! This week we have another episode of  "Too Late for Goodbye," written tot he word prompt "black. When you're finished, don't forget to stop by the other authors blogs and read their fabulous stories. You'll find them HERE. 

                 ********************************************************


“I’m so sorry for your loss.” 
“He left me money to do something. Start something. A business. And this is what I want to do. I want to give people a reason to get out of bed in the morning.” 
 He raised her hand to his lips. “Brilliant. Noble. Wonderful. Original. How can I help?” 
“Give me a rock bottom price on the printing.” 
“Can I take the mock-up with me? I have to show it to Flint, my brother and partner. He’ll know what it’ll cost to print. I do the sales, accounting, and other stuff. I promise to treat it like fine china.” 
“Sure sure. Take it. Then get back to me.” 
“First some particulars,” he said, opening his briefcase and drawing out an Ipad. He fired it up. “Let’s get the details down. Are you printing this in black-and-white or color?” 
 When he finished taking down the information on the project, he checked his watch. Time to leave. He sighed.
Jen put four brownies on a plate, then covered them with plastic wrap. “I have to pick up the kids from school. Why don’t you stay and have an early dinner with us.” “What?” 
“Come on. The kids know you. I bet Ethan would love to throw a ball with you, and Sophie has new knock-knock jokes.” 
“I have to catch a bus.” 
“We’ll have an early dinner. I can heat up some stew from the freezer.” 
 Damn he wanted to stay. What would Flint say? Fuck Flint. “Okay. I’d love to. If it’s not too much trouble.” 
“No trouble at all. Come on, let’s go.”

That's all for this week. Thanks for stopping by. 

5 comments:

  1. Great scene. I love the way she works to convince him to stay. Food does it every time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I'm so glad he stayed. He is taken with her and now testing the edges of the family boundaries he has in place. Love these two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fastest way to a man's heart is through his stomach my granny used to say! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh nice!! Let's eat- He's hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad he decided to stay for supper. I can't wait to follow this and see where it's going. I love how you've set up the connections already. I feel like I'm peeking in on a real scene that's happening down the street.

    ReplyDelete