Monday, April 10, 2023

TUESDAY TALES - PICTURE PROMPT WEEK

 


Welcome! This week is picture prompt week. I picked the ring. Hint, hint, why!! Lol. Yes, Robbie and Dale's story continues. Hop on over to read the great Tuesday Tales stories and see the pictures they're writing to HERE. Thanks for stopping by!

                                                     *********************************

“Let’s see. Hmm. I don’t want to be away from you. When I am, I miss you and wonder when you’re going to be with me and hope it’s soon. I care what you think of me, so I try to improve my behavior. I think about you all the time and what I can do to make you happy. I feel totally comfortable with you. I love your honesty, even if it hurts. I trust you – which is huge for me. And I want to touch you, kiss you, and make love to you every hour of the day. Is that love?”

“Say something,” he said.

“You nailed it.”

He grinned. “Now you. How do you feel about me?”

“Ditto.”

He laughed. “Come on! A smart girl like you can do better than that.”

She pushed her chair back. “I’m not comfortable doing this.” Robbie grabbed her wrist.

“Oh no. You’re not getting away. You think I was comfortable? But you asked. Now I’m asking.

She plopped down in her chair and fidgeted with a napkin. “I admit I love you, too.”

“Really? You’re not just saying that?”

She smiled. “You know me. I’m honest. Brutal.”

“True.” He picked up their plates and headed for the kitchen. Dale followed. Upon entering, she spied Barbara and Ralph, quiet as mice, their ears to the doorway.

“Is there no privacy in this house?” Dale raised her voice.

Ralph wiped his eyes, hugged Robbie, and scooted out the back door, with Barbara right behind. Staring at Barbara’s gorgeous ring, Robbie got ideas.

He laughed. “That’s family!”

“That’s nosy parents who want to run your life.” Dale grumbled, frowning.

“Be grateful you have them.”   

“I am, most of the time,” she said, snaking her arm around his waist and resting her head on his shoulder.

 


5 comments:

  1. Great use of the picture prompt and your intro. Had me going. Love the way Robbie described love. Great scene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I love it, especially the last line. They went through a lot and are sweet together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. super sweet snippet this week. Love it and love how you put the ring in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect scene! And the parents in the kitchen listening in on the whole thing. I LOVE that part!
    Great snippet in a wonderful story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that mom and dad were listening in! I love their confessions for each other. Great job!

    ReplyDelete