Monday, February 17, 2020

TUESDAY TALES - WORD PROMPT "SKINNY"


Howdy! Welcome. This week we're writing to the word, "skinny." There's another episode in the new story, "The Chase." Scroll down to return to Tuesday Tales. Thanks for stopping by. 


*******************************


Rennie opened a folder. “Wow, she never looked like that when I saw her.”
Tim yanked pictures out of her hand. “Damn. She’s hot.”
“Skinny. I guess she was a model.”
“You lived across the hall and you didn’t know?”
Rennie felt a flush heat her cheeks. “We didn’t talk a lot. I mean, we only ran into each other coming and going.”
“You never invited her in for grapes and coffee?” A twinkle lit his eyes.
Rennie slapped his shoulder. “Come on.”
“No, really. Never had coffee?”
“Never had a conversation.” Rennie shrugged. “New York City neighbors. Do you know your neighbors?”
“If a hot woman lived across the hall from me, you can be sure I’d know her name and vital statistics.”
“Like her bra size?” Rennie quirked an eyebrow.
Now it was Tim’s turn to blush. “I didn’t say that.”
“You didn’t have to. You’re a guy.”
“Okay, okay. I get it. So she’s a model. Hmm.” He turned over the photo. “Gwen Morgan. Maybe we should call all the modeling agencies in the City and see if they have her listed.”
“Good idea. I’ll Google.” Rennie opened her computer. “Crap! There are 80 modeling agencies!”
“Damn.” Tim shook his head, then whipped out his phone. “Do you want to call the first one or should I?”
“We’re going to call all 80?”
“You have a better idea?”
She frowned. “No, but that seems ridiculous.”
“This whole thing is ridiculous. Let’s forget it.” He slipped his phone back into his pants pocket.
Rennie tugged on his sleeve. “No, no. We can’t do that. Okay. Let’s start calling. We’ll alternate.”
“Right. I’ll do the first one. Then you.”
“Okay.”
“Wait. What about her address book?” Tim picked it up.
“I don’t know. I’m getting confused.”
“Let’s call 10 model agencies, then work on her address book.”
“Sounds like a plan.” Rennie picked up her phone and dialed.  
“Wilhelmina Modeling? Yeah. I’m looking for a Gwen Morgan.”



5 comments:

  1. Those two are going to be making a LOT of phone calls! Hope they can find the young lady they're looking for. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope they find her. Nice of them to even want to try. Enjoying this. Love the interaction between these two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can’t wait for them to find something. I love their chemistry!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed their conversation and was especially impressed with the way they synchronized to work out the investigative process. Great scene!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how much dialogue this story has. It's my favorite part of books. I like how determined they are on their quest to find this girl.

    ReplyDelete