Monday, November 11, 2019

TUESDAY TALES - PICTURE PROMPT WEEK - ANOTHER EPISODE OF "THE HOUSE-SITTER'S COUNTRY CHRISTMAS."









Welcome! This week we write to picture prompts. This is Craig Banley's townhouse in Manhattan. I continue with his story this week and more of "The House-Sitter's Country Christmas." Scroll down to return to Tuesday Tales. Thanks for stopping by. 


**********************************



“I took the liberty, Sir. The longjohns arrived yesterday.”
Anger heated Craig’s face. “What the hell? When I told you I wasn’t going?”
“I knew you’d come to your senses.”
“You’re trying to control me.”
“Love is controlling you, Sir. And it’s about time. You’re not getting any younger. You don’t want to be a bitter old man living alone.” George opened the package.
“Let me see.” Craig held them up. He laughed. “They’re like those stupid pajamas you put on kids.”
“You won’t think they’re stupid when the thermometer dips below zero.”
“Below zero?” Craig’s mouth hung open.
“Exactly.”
“Is that what it’s going to be in Pine Grove?”
“Could be. It’s happened before.”
“You’re just trying to scare me.”
“Is it working?” Craig caught the gleam in George’s eye.
Craig’s anger melted into a chuckle. “Yes.”
“Good. Forget about the weather, because we have these long johns, for both top and bottom.”
Craig cocked an eyebrow.
“Of course. We want you cozy and warm in Miss Laura’s abode.”
“You mean not freezing my balls off?”
“Precisely. Though I might have put it more delicately.”
“Of course you would. But it’s only us here.”
“I hope you’re going to watch your language in Pine Grove. Miss Laura doesn’t use profanity and I’m not sure her friends would appreciate your swearing a blue streak any time you don’t get your way.”
“You make me sound like a brat.”
“If the moniker fits…”
“George!”
“Kidding. Just kidding. You’re a man who knows what he wants.”
“And he wants Laura Fleming.” Craig examined the underwear.
“And he’s willing to do whatever she wants, right?”
Craig sighed.  “You’ve hit the nail on the head.”
“Come. Let’s decide what else you should be packing.”
“My usual?”
“I think not. I’ve purchased a few flannel shirts and new jeans, Sir. Seems those would be more fitting.”








6 comments:

  1. I LOVE the banter in this snippet! Can't wait to read this book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent scene. Love will drive you to do strange things although I've been wearing my longjohns the last few days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, poor Craig. The things we do for love. I have a feeling there are more surprises in store for this poor gentleman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore these two and the way they banter!! Fun! Well done

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! He's got his number for sure. I am so taken with the perfection of this line:"Love is controlling you, Sir."

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the banter between them! I am so glad he’s going. I hope he’ll love it as much as she does. Great job!

    ReplyDelete