Tuesday, July 16, 2019

TUESDAY TALES - PICTURE PROMPT WEEK






Welcome! It's picture prompt week! I'm continuing my urban fantasy story, MIDNIGHT IN CENTRAL PARK, using this picture of lightning. We are limited to 300 words only. Scroll down to go back to Tuesday Tales. Thanks for stopping by!

*********************************

A flash of lightning lit up the sky around Jag and his horse. The tips of his swords glowed. The light rushed down the sword and into his arms. Jag and his horse turned gold. His horse whinnied again. His wild, dark, furious eyes fixed on me as his nostrils widened. The huge beast jumped down from the pedestal. Jag held his seat, brandishing his swords. He crossed and uncrossed them, swinging the heavy weapons over his head, his face a mask of hostility.
Spider, the Ape, and I froze, our eyes on the unbelievable sight before us. Although they were only twenty feet away, they weren’t as threatening as Jag. Terrified, I couldn’t look away. I had to watch the unreal scene in front of me.
Jag’s steed reared up, snorting fire. The gigantic statue of man and beast bore down on me. With nowhere to go, I covered my head with my arms. Jag raised his swords, then turned to face Spider and the Ape-guy. He tugged the reins to the right and the horse bounded toward them. Jag opened his mouth and an unholy sound came out. I dropped my arms to watch.
Another bolt of lightning touched his swords. Shaking, Spider clung to the Ape. Jag brought his weapons down, touching the tips to my enemies. A huge fire flamed, engulfing the screaming men.  
When he lowered the swords, there was nothing there but a pile of black ashes. Jag tugged on the reins. He and his horse leaped back on the pedestal. The sky cleared, the moon shone, and Jag and his steed were once again metal statues. A fierce wind spiraled up, lifting the ashes and spiriting them away.
I looked all around for Spider, but they had vanished. I was alone.


Back to Tuesday Tales

My Website

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Awesome scene. Gave me goosebumps! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! They got what they deserved. But what is he going to do now? Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this story for sure. It's exciting and moving at a nice pace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Jag! I had a feeling he would come to the rescue and this scene didn't dissapoint!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incredible description! Thank goodness Jag is benevolent.

    ReplyDelete