Monday, October 1, 2018

TUESDAY TALES - WORD PROMPT "DEBUT" More "Renovating the Billionaire." #romance #billionaire



Welcome! This week is another episode of "Renovating the Billionaire." We get a peek into Stryker Alexander West's background. Thanks for stopping by. Scroll down to return to Tueaday Tales and the excellent stories there. 

***********************************

Stryker Alexander West made his debut in the local police department when he was thirteen. Hauled in for underage drinking, and disorderly conduct, Sergeant Maguire sat him down hard on a seat in the interrogation room.
“I understand Minnie West isn’t your mother.”
“Nope.” His stomach flip-flopped.
“She’s your dad’s older sister?” he asked, raising an eyebrow.
“Yessir.”
“I hear you been actin’ up. Giving her a hard time.”
“Old biddie,” Stryker muttered.
The sergeant’s eyes widened, his nostrils flared. “I can pick up this phone, dial children’s services and have you yanked outta the ‘old biddie’s’house in a goddamn heartbeat. I can slam your ass in a foster home where they don’t give a crap about you. Where they’re only in it for the check they get every month. Would that be better? Would you like that? ‘Cause I can do it. With one phone call,” the policeman said, picking up the receiver.
Even at thirty-eight, his stomach clenched and sweat broke out on his forehead at the memory.
“No, sir. No. Please don’t do that.”  
“You ma and pa died in a car, didn’t they?”
“Yessir.”
“How do you think they’d feel if they knew what a dick their son is?” he asked, grabbing Stryker by the collar of his shirt. “Huh? I asked you a question. How’d they feel?”
“They wouldn’t like it.”
“Damn right they wouldn’t. They might even say, pick up that phone, Sergeant Maguire. Put him in a foster home. Let him see how good he’s got it with Minnie.”
He’d trembled as fear coursed through him. By the time the sergeant got through, Stryker had been shaking, he’d thrown up, and tears poured down his cheeks.
The policeman laughed as he turned the boy over to his aunt.
“Here you go, Ms. West. If he acts up again, give me a call. Here’s my card.”
“Thank you, officer, but I’m sure Stryker learned his lesson.”
“Did you, son?” the policeman asked.
Recollecting the conversation, Stryker grinned. 



BACK TO TUESDAY TALES

MY WEBSITE

4 comments:

  1. Boy howdy! I know I sure would have learned my lesson! Great snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent scene. I'm sure he did learn his lesson!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! He’s scary tough! I wouldn’t act up around him. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, we need a bunch of these Sergeants stationed about! I love the moment of reckoning. Great scene.

    ReplyDelete