Monday, February 19, 2018

TUESDAY TALES - WORD PROMPT "COZY" - "TWO OF HEARTS" continues...




Welcome! Another episode today with the word prompt "cozy." Scroll down to return to Tuesday Tales. Thank you for stopping by. 

***************************************************

Jen put her arms around him. For the first time, ever, Stan melted into her embrace, allowing her to comfort him. It shook her to her roots. Her heart swelled in their cozy moment.
“You’re not going to die, Stan.”
“You don’t know that.”
“I mean, we’re all going to die, eventually.”
“This isn’t living for me. I can’t write. I can’t teach. My mind is mush. I don’t know if that’s ever going to get better. It could get worse, too. The doctor didn’t rule that out.”
“You’re doing everything you can. Eating healthy, resting. All we can do is wait.”
“I hate waiting. I’m not a patient guy.”
“Is that why you’re drinking?”
“It reduces the stress. Relaxes me.”
“I get it. Just don’t overdo it, okay?”
“I’ll try.”
“I love you Stan. I’ll never leave you,” Jen said before tears choked her.
“I know you didn’t sign on for this. I’m sorry. If I could do it over, I’d throw that fuckin’ motorcycle in the Hudson River.”
“And I’d help you,” she added.
Then he’d kissed her. Passion between them rekindled, although not quite at the same heat level they had had before.  Without the cast, maneuvering was easier. Still, Stan’s potency and stamina had not returned full force. With effort, they each managed to climax. Uncoupling and catching their breath, they lay back. Stan laced his fingers with hers as he stared at the ceiling.
“That was great,” she lied.
He tuned his head to face her. “Great? I don’t think so. We’ve had great and that wasn’t even close. But it was okay. Better than nothing, at least for you, I’d guess. Quite a bit better for me.”
“That’s good.”
No point in arguing, Stan would see right through it. He'd nailed it –not great, but okay would do.
“Do you remember the first time?” She asked, rolling on her side.

****************************************************

BACK TO TUESDAY TALES

MY WEBSITE

6 comments:

  1. Glad Stan is turning to her. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that the tide is turning with these two. He's been such a pill- glad he's settling down some- of course, he still has a long way to go but at least he's not snarling now. Great use of the prompt- they are truly cozying up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! Stan is coming around! And I really wanted to hear if he remembered their first time. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, what a moving scene. This is leading them in the right direction, and I hope they get there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a moving scene! Sounds as if they're finding the way back to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Great. I don't think so...But it was okay." Sorry, I had to chuckle a little on that one - it echoed a more than once occurrence in my own life. Sometimes an 'okay' is all we get. It's real life. I loved the shared intimacy that had through this scene.

    ReplyDelete