Sunday, August 17, 2014

Wow!

This review of TO LOVE OR NOT TO LOVE on Manic Reader's is every author's dream. I had to share it. 
********

Review Companies
MR Review
Rating:
Reviewer: Reviewer
Review:
Miranda Bradford has a hectic life with the care of her ill mother, her sister in college, her play to finish and her dog's to walk. Where does she have time for a man and besides they just run for the hills when they find out her time is limited and not always available to them. That is until one of her dogs runs over Penn Roberts during a squirrel chase.
Penn Roberts is determined to build his "tribute," thinking he needs to live up to his deceased father's beliefs no matter the cost. Meeting Miranda turns his world upside down, forcing him to question what really matters. Will it be worth what he stands to lose?
I can't believe I am done with To Love or Not to Love. It started out at a pretty slow pace I thought for sure I would be putting this book down to read another one to take a break. Boy was I wrong because the next thing I know I am done (NOOOOOOO). Then I took a look at the notes I write for my reviews and discovered I had only made three notes for this book so I had to go back and see why this was and all I can say is this is such a well written and thought out book that I got so into taking went right out the window.
The characters grabbed my attention and kept it; when Miranda was angry I want to kick Penn where it hurt and when Penn was devastated or confused I wanted to help him find his way to Miranda. I swear I was a yoyo going back and forth between the characters rooting for Penn then rooting for Miranda, then rooting for Susan knowing how much she wanted Miranda to be happy and loved.
You can tell the author took great care in writing this book as there were no signs of missing words or sentences that didn't fit or make makes sense. The only thing I found in reading this book was one inconsistency where Alfred somehow became Arthur but that was all.  
Out of curiosity, I want to know if this book was part of a series and it turns out it is. So I must read the other three books I found which means that yes I will undoubtedly read this book again. Great writing Jean C. Joachim, I really enjoyed this book and look forward to reading more of your work.
*******
 

Find it HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment