Welcome! This week the Tuesday Tales authors are writing to the word prompt "lively." We have another excerpt from my YA story, "Skit the Scout & Me". When you're done reading my bit, please go over and read the other stories. You'll find them HERE.
***************************************************
“Lisa, that wasn’t very kind,”
Charles said.
I
couldn’t believe he was sticking up for me. Just sucking up so I’d like him.
Well, it didn’t work. Still, let him think he scored some brownie points with
me.
“That’s
right, Charles,” I said.
Silence.
“Why
don’t we listen to music?” my mother said.
“What do you want to hear, Sasha?” Charles
piped up.
“Classical,”
I said. I knew Charles hated classical music. I didn’t say it just to get him.
I really do like classical. Vivaldi’s Four Seasons is a favorite. He sucked it
up and put on the classical music station.
I
sat back and closed my eyes. Maybe he wasn’t such a dork after all. Just because
he was being nice didn’t make him my father. The music put me to sleep. When I
woke up, I overheard Charles and my mother having a lively conversation.
“It
was the only option.”
“Why
didn’t you tell her the truth?” Charles asked.
I
kept my eyes closed. This was probably going to be something I wanted to hear.
“She’d
have a meltdown if she had any idea that we were scouting around for a place to
live.”
“You
don’t think she’d like to live in Europe?”
“And
leave her friends in the City? Not on your life.”
So
they were planning to pick up and move? Damn right I didn’t want to leave my
friends. I yawned, loudly. They stopped talking.
I
opened my eyes and saw a ton of cows in a field.
“Where
are we?” I asked.
“Only
about a half hour away from Grandma’s,” my mother said.
That's all for today. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:
Post a Comment