Monday, March 13, 2023

TUESDAY TALES - PICTURE PROMPT!

 



Welcome! This is picture prompt week and all posts must not be over 300 words. We're still on The Kicker's Story, Part 1. Robbie's out chopping wood. He takes a break to call his pal, Tuffer Demson. And we get a chance to listen in. Please excuse the locker room language. It's the way two guys would speak to each other without others present. 

When you're finished, hop on over to the other stories by the wonderful Tuesday Tales writers. Find them HERE

      

                            ******************************************

Robbie put down the axe and picked up his phone. He simply had to call Tuffer Demson, his only friend.

“Hey, Rob. What’s up?”

“It’s happened.”

“What’s happened? You okay?”

“Probably not. I’ve fallen.”

“Are you hurt? Did you call 911?”

Robbie laughed. “No, no. In love. Fallen in love.”

“You? No way. Come on. It’s not April Fool’s Day.”

“Seriously, Tuffer.” Robbie plopped down on a tree stump.

“You fell for Dale?”

“And her whole family. Man, these are the nicest people in the world.”

“No kidding? Really?”

“Really.”

“Congratulations, dickwad! I been saying it’d happen one day.”

“And you were right.”

“So what are you gonna do about it?”

“What do you mean?”

“Have you told her yet?”

“No. Just figured it out this morning.”

“Did you sleep with her yet?”

“Last night. And it was amazing. Now I know the difference between fucking and making love.”

Tuffer laughed. “It’s about time.”

“I’m only twenty-eight.”

“Are you going to propose?”

“Me? She’d never believe it.” Robbie paced.

“Oh yes she would. Especially if you’ve got a ring.”

“A diamond?” He raised his eyebrows.

“Yep.”

Silence. Robbie hadn’t considered the next step. He figured he’d lose her, like he lost everything else that ever mattered. Maybe not?

“I need a ring?” Robbie sat down on a stump again.

“There’s a jewelry store in town. That’s where I bought mine.”

“Will you go with me?”

Tuffer laughed. “You’re not afraid to face the goal posts, the defensive line, and a football, but you’re afraid to pick out a diamond ring?”

“Shut up, Tuffer.”

“Okay, okay. I’ll go with you. Not wasting any time, are you?”

“I don’t want to lose her,” he pushed to his feet.

“The guys’ll shit their pants when they find out.”

“Don’t tell anyone, okay?”


              ********************************************   

That's all for today. Thanks for stopping by. 

6 comments:

  1. Great scene. I could sense his joy as well as his concern. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New territory for him, and it's great! I hope his friend keeps the secret until he's ready to share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To quote Queen B, "If you liked it then you shoulda put a ring on it." Don't dilly dally buddy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes! Happy dance, happy dance! Of course, we all saw this change of heart happening. He just didn't see it coming.
    Ahhh - but are there more obstacles in their way? Knowing my friend, Jean, I foresee a glitch or two before they reach the HEA part.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhh. NICE!! And I love how his friend put it about being afraid of diamond rings. Who can blame him? Some jewelry stores are intimidating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! I also love how terrified he is of losing her. I’m so glad he came around. Great job!

    ReplyDelete