Monday, January 27, 2020

TUESDAY TALES - WORD PROMPT "GRAPES" #suspense #tuesdaytales #romance #shortstory



Welcome! We have another episode of "The Chase" this week. Sorry about the cliffhangers. Scroll down to Tuesday Tales. Thanks for coming!


**************************************



Rennie got up and made her way to the kitchen, waving the letter as she walked.
“What? What? Where are you going?” Tim jumped up and followed her.
“Food. I need food.” She put the letter down on the counter and pulled out a plate barely holding a mound of cheese slices and a tangle of grapes. She broke off two grapes and stuffed them in her mouth. Tim reached for the paper. Rennie shoved the plate in his hand instead. Plucking the letter up, she pointing to the couch.
“Okay, okay.” He followed her out. When they were ensconced on the plush sofa, he spoke.
“Comfortable?”
“Yep.”
“Good. The letter?”
“Oh, yeah. You want me to read it, right? Out loud?”
He grabbed a slice of cheese. “Yes.”
“Okay.”
Tim leaned forward as she read.
“Dear Gwen,
You were right. I should have asked you to come with me. I’m asking now. Yes, and proposing. Come to London. I’m leaving on the QE2 on December 30. I’ve made arrangements for the captain to marry us.
I love you totally. I was stupid, a real jerk. Can you forgive me? Meet me at Pier 90 on West 54th Street. We’re boarding at noon. Sail away with me. We’ll have that adventure you always talk about. And we’ll be married, so you parents can’t object.
Please, sweetheart. I love you. If you don’t show, I’ll have my answer. There are no second chances. I’m sailing one way or the other. So please, be there, come with me, and be my forever love.
                                                                                         All my love,
                                                                                         Bill

“Oh, shit.” Tim he fell back against the cushions.
“Ten days.” Rennie’s gaze met his. “We have ten days to find her.”



MY WEBSITE

3 comments:

  1. It's a good thing you already apologized! No, that was not very nice leaving us right there. You naughty girl!
    Great scene! Well written, descriptive and in the thick of action.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arghhh! I have to figure out how to get signed back in.

      Trisha Faye

      Delete