Monday, June 17, 2019

TUESDAY TALES - PICTURE PROMPT WEEK - MORE OF MIDNIGHT IN CENTRAL PARK





This is picture prompt week. I've chosen the statue of King Jagiello of Poland. I'm restricted to 300 words this week.  We're continuing with my urban fantasy called "Midnight in Central Park."
Scroll down to return to Tuesday Tales. Thanks for stopping by. 

*************************** 

The statue of King Jagiello of Poland used to scare me when I was a kid. My father would take me there and force me to stand in front of it. But now I see “Jag”, what I call him, as a leader. He did some crap to liberate Poland from some creeps a long time ago. Now, he stands guard by the East side of the turtle pond. No one would mess with him.
I love his swords. Imagine having one for each hand. And his horse, wearing some sort of armor or clothing. Even the horse is scary. He looks mad. The statue is awesome, and way bigger than any guy I know. But at night, in the moonlight, he’s the meanest man in the park. I mean, who’d be afraid of a statue of Samuel F. B. Morse or Hans Christian Anderson, right?
Jag’ll make you shake. He’ll intimidate you with one look. And those swords! They are huge and look sharp as hell. I took courage from him. Those assholes had been screwing over Ma. She’s bruised and high all the time now. I didn’t think things could get worse. But they did. I don’t know what they’ve got against her. She works hard for them. Still, they give her crack and beat her up. Pisses me off, big time.
I look at Jag and try to get the same mean look he’s got. Maybe I can scare those dickwads away. At least I can try. After school, I’m going home. Mr. Johnson has some errands for me, which is good because I need the money. Then, Ma’ll come home, probably with those tools. And I’ll be there to confront them. Someone’s gotta save Ma. Jag’s only a statue, so I guess it’s up to me. 

That's it, today. Don't miss the other excellent tales. Thanks for stopping by. 

TUESDAY TALES

MY WEBSITE

5 comments:

  1. Excellent post. I wondered who that guy was, but I think the boy will need more than false courage to rescue his mother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful scene! You can feel the love he has for his mother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how he's trying to channel his courage & strength from the statue and the lore of the man behind it. Great scene!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome inner thoughts, so fitting. I love that Jag gives him courage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I hope he lays the smack on those guys hurting his mom. He’s so brave! Great job!

    ReplyDelete