Monday, December 3, 2018

TUESAY TALES - WORD PROMPT "CRAZY" FROM "SANTA'S HELPER"




Welcome to Tuesday Tales. This week is a little different. We have a snippet from a short, short holiday story, called, tentatively, Santa's Helper. I hope you enjoy it. Scroll down to return to Tuesday Tales. 

*********************************

House on Eve Lane,
“Are you crazy?” Molly asked her twin brother, Keith.
“Aw come on,” Keith whined.
“No. Nyet. Nunca, Non, how many languages do I have to use to get this across to you?”
“You’re my twin. Twins stick together.”
She crossed her arms over her chest. “I told you already. No.”
“Please? I’m on bended knee.”
She turned away from him.
“Valerie, I could use a little help here,” he said, staring at his wife.
“I know how she feels. This is risky. She could get caught.”
“Get caught? It’s not like she’s stealing the crown jewels, Val.”
“I know. She won’t get arrested, but the humiliation.”
“Look, Mom and Dad have already said they’d take the kids. I have a suite reserved at the Ritz tonight. It’s our anniversary, for Chrissakes.”
“That’s your problem.”
“I didn’t sign up to play Santa’s helper  at the team’s kiddie Christmas party. We drew straws. I lost.”
“Must I repeat myself? It’s not my problem.”
Keith Wilson, star running back for the Connecticut Kings, plucked another beer from the fridge.
“You’re right. I never should have asked you,” he said.
Molly faced him. “Do you mean that?”
“Yeah. Well, the only reason I’m asking is because you’re such an accomplished actress, I figured you could pull it off. You know, play any part. Isn’t that what the actresses who win Academy Awards say? Aren’t they always looking for that difficult part to sink their teeth into?”
Molly’s eyes widened. “You think I’m an accomplished actress? Since when?”
“Since…always. But if this is beyond your ability. Hell, well, then I understand, I guess.”
“I didn’t say that.”
“Well can you or can’t you?”
She straightened up, squared her shoulders and made eye contact with him. “Of course I could. If I wanted to, that is. Which I don’t.”


TUESDAY TALES

MY WEBSITE

4 comments:

  1. Love the way he's manipulate her. LOL This should be good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how he worked her ego! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Working it! I Love how he stroked her ego.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great start to a fun new story. I can't wait to read more and see how it unfolds.

    ReplyDelete