Monday, September 17, 2018

TUESDAY TALES - WORD PROMPT "MAD" #romance #smalltownromance #lovestory







Welcome to Tuesday Tales. This week's word prompt is "mad." Join me for another sneak peek into "Renovating the Billionaire."
Scroll down to return to Tuesday Tales. Thanks for coming. 

*******************************

Dressed in a three-piece suit, Stryker Alexander West stood outside the main room in the Pine Grove town hall building. As Jess approached the doorway, he blocked it. Raising a powerful arm across the empty space he grinned at her. But his smile didn’t make it to the ice blue eyes staring at her.
“Listen, sweetheart, blocking the destruction of that old pile of junk isn’t a good idea.”
Bristling, she pushed past him, shoving him out of the way.
“Really, honey. Do the smart thing. Give me the demolition permit.
She turned, fire spitting from her eyes. “I’m not your sweetheart. I’m not your honey. And I don’t give a damn how many people bow to your money and power. I’ll never, and I mean never, change my mind. I’ll never sign a permit for you to destroy that charming piece of history. So get over yourself and get out of my way.”
“We’ll see about that,” he said, a mocking smirk slapped across his face. He grabbed her arm and whirled her around. “If someone gets hurt in that old place. I won’t be responsible. It needs to come down before something bad happens.”
He stood so close to her, she could smell his spicy aftershave and feel the warmth of his breath. What was she doing, noticing his broad shoulders and perfectly shaped scruff? The man was a menace, a power-hungry monster with no taste and no regard for history or beauty. Still, there was something about him, drawing her. She raised her gaze to his.
“Is there something about the word ‘never’ you don’t understand? Now move your sorry ass before I call the police.”
He jumped to the side with a slight bow to let her pass.
“This isn’t over, blondie. Not by a longshot.”
Every curse word she knew sounded in her head, but she kept walking. She refused to give him the satisfaction. Angry? An understatement. Madder than she’d ever been, she couldn’t figure out if her temper a reaction to his uncouth ways or her body’s betrayal.   

5 comments:

  1. Great scene. Lots of tension there. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He may be really hot but he makes me uneasy. He’s way to pushy for his own good. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like all the honey, sweetheart, blondie stuff he's throwing out there. Those make me mad. I am sure he's going to be a good guy eventually but those words are annoying. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, love the sparks. He does need some renovating, and I reckon she's just the one to do it! He has a fabulous name, Stryker Alexander West.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! I think I'd be spitting mad too with the way he's acting. Lots of emotions here. Great job.

    ReplyDelete