Monday, May 28, 2018

TUESDAY TALES - WORD PROMPT: LEAF. SANDY & RAFE - SECOND PLACE HEART




Welcome! This week the word prompt is "leaf." I am moving on to a new story that I can only do for this week and next. It's called Sandy & Rafe, and it's part of my second-chance romance series, Echoes of the Heart. This story has not been published yet. Here's this week episode.

*******************************


Eleven months ago. Behind the scenes at the reality TV show, Marriage Minded.
“Lyle, Rafe, Lyle, Rafe? Bill, help!” Sandy moaned into the phone.
“Okay, give me the shit on these guys,” her brother Bill said.
“Lyle is in real estate. He’s funny, nice, and keeps talking about our future. He wants to renovate old buildings in Detroit and start a renaissance there. He said we make a good team.”
“Sounds good. And the other guy?”
She sighed. “He’s so sweet. He’s French Canadian. He’s an architect. I think he really loves me.”
“Architects don’t make crap. Real estate is where the money is.”
“But Rafe…”
“You asked my opinion. So, you like this Rafe guy better?”
“I did, until Lyle told me Rafe only went on the show to get his green card.”
“What? Fuck that. Easy choice, Sandy. Dump the Rafe guy. That’s all you need, a guy who sleeps with you for six months, gets his green card, and takes off. And don't count on him turning over a new leaf.”
“He doesn’t seem the type.”
Bill snorted. “Yeah. Right. Like an asshole like that is gonna show his hand?”
“But he’s been so nice.”
“Who do you love?”
“Both, I think.”
“One more than the other? Come on, Sandy. No one loves two guys exactly the same.”
“Guess I’m leaning toward Rafe.”
“Mr. Green Card? Forget it. If you think you could do marriage with this Lyle guy, then pick him. The other one looks like a phony.”
“Thanks, Bill.”
“Hey, what are brothers for?”



4 comments:

  1. What a choice! I'd go with the French Canadian, but I'm partial . LOL Big brothers usually offer good advice. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m so interested to see where this goes! Rivals have a tendency to say lies when they feel threatened. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey my wordpress is working right today! Love the setup. I'm prejudiced because Rafe is a favorite name of mine. I wonder if Lyle is telling tales to get ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dialog and interactions are always so realistic. Great job! Loved how you used the word prompt.

    ReplyDelete