Monday, April 23, 2018

TUESDAY TALES - WORD PROMPT WASH


Howdy! This week the word prompt is "wash." And we return with another snippet of "No Regrets." Scroll down to return to the awesome authors of Tuesday Tales. Thanks for stopping by. 

*******************************

She took a deep shuddering breath.
“You’re gonna be around all those brains. Those Yale guys. All wanting to get laid.”
“Hey, now you’re doing it.”
“I know. It’s just that I’ve been thinking about it all week. It sucks.”
“Yep.”
“I get why you can’t come to Nebraska with me. Sort of.”
“We’ve been over this,” she said.
“I know, I know.”
“Graduating from Yale is as big a deal in the writing world as you graduating from Nebraska is in the football world. You’ll be playing with the best of the best. And I’ll be competing with the best of the best.”
“I get it. Don’t have to like it though.”
“Besides, our parents would kill us.”
“We’re eighteen. We can do what we want.”
“My parents would never pay the tuition at Nebraska.”
“If we got married, maybe you could get a scholarship, too,” he said.
“Nick. I love you. I’d marry you in a heartbeat. But I don’t want to go to Nebraska. All my life I’ve been working my butt off to get into Yale. And I made it.”
“It’s great. I know. But, well. You know.”
“Yeah. I know.”
They clung together, sharing body warmth, awash in moonlight until almost daylight.


BACK TO TUESDAY TALES

MY WEBSITE

4 comments:

  1. Great scene. You can't fault her reasoning either. Sort of sad though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...my heart is breaking for them. And long distance relationships stink. Poor kids. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job with their emotion and longing to be together and yet hold onto their career goals. Tender and true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, those two are killing me. Great snippet full of emotions!

    ReplyDelete