Friday, March 6, 2015

FAMOUS QUARTERBACK PROFILES - AARON RODGERS

This new series will be profiling some of the greatest quarterbacks that ever lived. I'm selecting the ones I like best first. I hope you can live with that. We'll start with my absolute favorite, Aaron Rodgers of the Green Bay Packers.

5 FAST FACTS

1. He's 31 years old.
2. Not married.
3. Originally from California
4. He's six foot two
5. Became starting QB for the Packers in 2008

Aaron has an outstanding record which puts him at the top of many all time best QB's lists. 
He stepped in after Brett Favre left under negative circumstances. But Favre was a fave of the people of Green Bay, so Aaron had big shoes to fill. And he's done an excellent job of it, too.
Known for a high percentage of completions, Rodgers is an unprepossessing guy.  The opposite of pompous, he has proven he can laugh at himself. He's also involved in charity work. 
    Green Bay, Wisconsin is the smallest football city in the league, but by no means the least vocal. The team is unusual in that it belongs to the people of Green Bay, who own shares of the team. I love that aspect  --that there is no fat cat sitting at the helm. 
   Also, Green Bay has a philosophy to bring players along organically, meaning they train and promote from within, rather than trade for what they need. I'm sure they do some trades, but not many. This gives the team a cohesive quality --the guys have been working, training and playing together for a long time. I think that helps them perform better. Their track record seems to support that, too. 
    We should also credit the Packers offensive line. They do an outstanding job, giving Rodgers the time he needs to connect with the receiver. The Green Bay Packers are one of my favorite teams and Aaron Rodgers is my number one favorite quarterback. 


********


Here's a snippet from my new football romance series, FIRST & TEN:
This is a conversation between Griff and Carla, bartender at The Savage Beast, his occasional bed buddy. 


She placed the glass in front of him.“When are you gonna fix me up with one of your hot teammates?”
“What’s wrong with me?” He took a sip and gave her a thumbs up.
“We’ve been bed buddies long enough to know it’s not happening beyond that.”
He seated his tall, rangy body on a stool. “Don’t know ’till you try.”
She wiped her hands on a towel and fixed him with a stare. “You gonna stop running around, whoring across the country and back, just for little ole me?”
“Whoring? Wait a minute…”
“That’s what I thought.” She turned her attention to a dozen wet wine glasses.
All buy links HERE
Brief Synopsis
He wanted a wife. She didn’t want to get married – ever.  Not exactly a match made in heaven. Ten years ago, Griff Montgomery, star quarterback of the Kings and womanizer, became a stand-in father for his widowed sister’s kids. After they moved away, Griff wanted his own family. But where does a “player” go to find his ideal mate?

Having sworn off marriage forever, Lauren Farraday barely kept her life together after her divorce. With her career shaky and depression closing in, the last thing she needed was a courtroom battle with a sexy athlete.

Wary of Griff’s reputation with women, and hiding a secret, Lauren holds on to her heart.  Can the quarterback handle the truth or will he walk away, like he has in the past?     

You can check out my books on my website and subscribe to my free newsletter
My 5 FAST FOOTBALL FACTS blog is HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment