Tuesday, March 19, 2019

TUESDAY TALES - PICTURE PROMPT - MORE OF MAGGIE'S STORY!




Welcome! This week is picture prompt week. We continue with "Maggie's Story" this week. Thank you for coming. Scroll down to return to Tuesday Tales. 


**********************************

“John will give you a tour and show you to your room. Penn and I have a baby shower to go to and Mr. Roberts has a business meeting. I’m so sorry we’re running out on you.”
“I’ll be fine, Missus. Don’t worry.”
“Get settled in. When I get back, we’ll work out a schedule. If you’re hungry, help yourself to anything in the fridge,” Anne Roberts said. Mr. Roberts held the door open and she wheeled the baby into the hall.
“Come along,” John said, his voice icy. He picked up her suitcase and led her to the back of the apartment, then opened the door to a small, sunny room. “This is your room. You’re expected to keep it clean and tidy. The housekeeper will not do it for you.”
Maggie’s mouth hung open. The charming, soft white room had a bed, small dresser, a wing chair and tiny wood side table. Lovely decorative items perched on the dresser. Maggie wandered over to touch the dried flowers.  
“This is all for me? I don’t have to share?”
“Of course.”
“Oh my. Thanks be to God.”
“Did you hear me about cleaning it?”
“Oh, I did. Indeed. It will be a pleasure to keep such a beautiful place spic and span.”
John put the suitcase on the bed. “Dinner is at six, sharp. We dine in the kitchen.” He turned to leave. Maggie touched his arm.
“A question?” she asked. 
“Yes?” he replied, frowning.
She faced him. “Why did you give me that money?”
“You looked pathetic.”
“Oh.” She bit her lip.
“Is that all?” A tall man, John towered over her. Maggie fidgeted.
“Out with it! I have other things to do today than have a chat with you.”
“Have I done something to make you dislike me?”

Back to Tuesday Tales HERE

My website

3 comments:

  1. Brave of her to come right out and ask like that. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These two are so interesting together as they begin their acquaintance. Love this story--wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how grateful she is for the room. And the relationship between them makes me excited. Where there is ice could soon be fire!

    ReplyDelete