Monday, October 3, 2022

Tuesday Tales - Word Prompt "Orange"


 

Howdy! We have another episode of "The Kicker's Story, Part 1" - but this time we have Dale's perspective! When you've finished reading, hop on over to the other great stories on Tuesday Tales HERE. Thanks for stopping by. 

******************************************* 

Dale arrived at the stadium early. She yawned, tired from her night moonlighting at The Savage Beast, Carla and Trunk Mahoney’s bar and restaurant.

In the massage room, the flashing light on the landline indicated a message. She raised her eyebrows and pressed the button.

After listening, Dale stared at the device. Could that really have been Robbie Anthony, seducer extraordinaire? Unable to trust her ears, she played the message two more times. What happened? Had he actually turned into a human being instead of an insatiable animal? No, not possible.

Should she give him her cell number or simply ghost him?

“Ghost him,” she said out loud. After opening her locker and hanging up her coat she wondered.

“Ask Carla,” she muttered, searching her bag for her orange
phone.

“Dale? What is it?” Carla moaned into the phone.

“Oh, God. I woke you up. I’m so sorry.”

“What’s the problem? Trouble?”

Dale explained about Robbie’s message.

“Should I give him my cell number? My brain says ‘no’, but then again, doesn’t everyone deserve a second chance?”

“Sure, why not? I know you have a thing for him, even though you don’t admit it.”

“I do not!”

“Come on, Dale. It’s me, Carla. If he turns back into a creep you can always block him.”

“True. Okay.”

Not ready to actually talk to him, she sent him a text.

“Here’s my number. But if you don’t behave like a gentleman, I’ll block you. No dick pics, no crude language and stuff. One strike and you’re gone.” She typed as she said it out loud. Sounded harsh, but he deserved it. What could he expect with the way he’d behaved.

Okay, so maybe Carla was right, and she was curious – just curious – about going on a date with him. Remembering what an obvious mover he was, she made a face.

“What am I doing?”

She shook her head and hit “send” anyway. After all, what did she have to lose?


5 comments:

  1. I got a kick out of seeing what's going on in her mind and how she decides to stick to her guns and yet give him another chance. There's chemistry boiling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. She is torn for sure. Lots of good conflict in her at this stae. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes!! Glad she replied back. And hope he behaves himself. Great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that she is setting boundaries with him at the start. She is giving him a chance! I can’t wait to see where this goes.

    ReplyDelete