Tuesday, October 18, 2022

TUESDAY TALES - PICTURE PROMPT WEEK - "THE KICKER'S STORY, PART 1"


 


Howdy and welcome! 

It's picture prompt week where we write  to a picture and keep our stories 300 words or less. This week we have another episode of "The Kicker's Story, Part 1" from Dale's point-of-view. Do you agree with her? Don't forget to read the wonderful stories by other authors. Find them HERE

*******************************************

She locked her car and slid into the front seat next to Robbie.

“Would you mind staying at my place? I have practice tomorrow afternoon. I can take you right to your car and change the tire, instead of picking you up and then coming back to change the tire.”

Dale shook her head. She knew it. Here it comes, the seduction. And she was ready to give him a second chance, well, almost ready.

“Forget it. Drop me at the nearest gas station,” she said.

“No, wait! I promise to leave you alone. I have a pull-out couch I got for visits with my mother. I promise, it’s totally innocent.”

She eyed his face. He looked honest, but this was Robbie Anthony. No way.

“Really. It would save me a lot of time. If you want me to drop you at a gas station, I will. But I don’t think it’s safe.”

“And spending the night at your place is?” She cocked an eyebrow.

“Completely. I promise.” He raised his right hand.

She couldn’t argue with his logic. If he meant it, his place was safer than a gas station she didn’t know late at night.

“Okay.” Her nerves kicked up. She didn’t believe him but what other option did she have?

He started the car. “You know, Dale, I admire you. You’re not like other girls.”

“Really?” She raised both eyebrows.

“No. You’re not looking to trap me. You drive an inexpensive car, dress normal, not flashy.”

“Yeah, well I am normal. What’s the big deal?”

“A lot of girls are looking for a sugar daddy. Someone to blow a lot of money on them. I don’t do that.”

“No? Then how do you get all those women?”

He laughed and blushed. “Charm.”

Now it was her turn to laugh.



4 comments:

  1. Love their banter! And I don’t blame her for being suspicious of the request for an overnight stay. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! Love the last part. Charming he is not-- at least not yet.... I think he's right about the money. There is a certain group of ladies who go after athletes as you know. I love how she is not sure he won't try to seduce her and somehow, I think she is going to make a move... LOL! Loving this so far

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, she thinks it out well. I agree with her preferring to go to his place rather than be dropped off at a gas station. After all, she is not afraid of his physically attacking her and can ignore any annoying seduction tactics. This conversation furthers their understanding of each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love peeking in on this interaction with each other. I felt like I was in the back seat watching it all in front of me.

    ReplyDelete