Monday, April 19, 2021

TUESDAY TALES - WORD PROMPT "HURRY" - MORE OF "TOO LATE FOR GOODBYE"

 


Welcome! This week the word prompt is "hurry". While we don't want to hurry romance, my characters might be hurrying to the bedroom in another episode of  "Too Late for Goodbye". Scroll down to return to Tuesday Tales. Thanks for stopping by. 

*********************************************

 Jen wore a light jacket and sat in the double rocker on the porch. She held a glass of wine.

“I poured one for you. It’s in the kitchen. Hurry up.”

He retrieved his glass and joined her, slipping his arm over the back of the rocker.

“So my kids almost drowned today and you practically went down with the ship?”

He caught the twinkle in her eye. “Yep. It was quite a day.”

She laughed. “You’re pretty cool about it.”

“I wasn’t,” he rubbed his chin. “Nope. I was pretty pissed when Ethan pulled out the plug. And when the boat started taking on water, I almost panicked. Sophie was screaming. Jesus.”

She patted his knee. “But you didn’t panic, did you?”

“I kept my head, got the kids out of the boat safely.”

“And you?”

“Well, okay. So I was up to my knees in water. I managed to escape with nothing more than wet shoes and pants.”

“You’re amazing, you know that?” She put her hand on his thigh.

“Me? What did I do, except risk the lives of your children?”

“They were wearing life vests. No, you handled it like a father, like a parent. I’m impressed.”

He stared at the ground, put his hand over hers, and smiled. “They’re great kids. But you already know that.”

“You’re right. On both counts.”

His smiled faded and he faced her. “I don’t know how you do it. All by yourself. Everyday. Taking complete responsibility. You’re the one who’s amazing.”

 Jen yawned and stretched her arms. “Why don’t you set the alarm for six?”

“What?”

“If I get up at six, I can leave your bed before the kids wake up.”

He leaned down to kiss her. “You got it. Six it is.”

Hand-in-hand they tiptoed up the stairs, into Marty’s room, and closed the door.


BACK TO TUESDAY TALES


MY WEBSITE

6 comments:

  1. Love this scene, especially the casual way she offers to spend the night with him. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this scene and the way they are talking over the trauma of what happened and how she takes it as a matter of course for a parent. He has proven himself in her eyes, making him even more of a turn om!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing them together and they way they interact with each other. Well done - as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! I love the invite. I also love how impressed she is with how he handled the situation. Greatjob!

    ReplyDelete